Check Out My Flicker Account

www.flickr.com
Mind of Macias' items Go to Mind of Macias' photostream

Thursday, April 21, 2011

C25K, Week 5 Day 5! "Couch to 5K"

Ya, I know it's blurry, but I was running lol.

Today was a pretty big milestone for me on the treadmill. It started out like every other day at the Gym. I got there and started walking on it very slowly as I got my set up ready. Got my phone, plugged in my headphones, turned on Pandora, and got ready to set the treadmill to run. As always I turn my C25K app on last. Today I was on Week 5, day 5, and I wondered what it had in store for me today. The longest I have ran without stopping since High School PE is 8 minutes. Which I only did two days prior. Today however, it said, walk 5-minutes, jog 20-minutes, walk 5-minutes to cool down. "20-minutes!!!" I thought, holy cow, I don't know if I can do that.

I decided I was going to do it. What I did was cover the board on the treadmill that shows time and speed, and flipped my phone upside down. I didn't want to think about the time, instead I started thinking about my day, my cars, and what I needed to do the upcoming weeks. The time flew by. I just ran and ran until I heard a ding in my ear. It was my app telling me my 20-minutes were up. I couldn't believe that I had just ran for 20-minutes. I know that ain't shit for a lot of people but for me it's a big deal.

I haven't looked at my phone to see what the next week will bring on my way to running a 5k without stopping, but I can honestly say that after today, I'm really looking forward to it.

Today I ran for 2.31-miles and burned 398-calories

No comments:

Post a Comment